Friday, September 28, 2012

First World Problems

Yesterday was a day filled with first world problems, beginning with my morning coffee having...egad: MILK instead of cream. My morning routine which kind of both confirms my existence and wakes me up was disrupted by a snotty nosed teenager with his whiney voice. I'm not in China anymore dammit, let me enjoy the saturated fatty things in life already!

Also as I was biking home (for like an hour) another snot nosed justin beiber girl thing timed a red light for me right before a huge hill and did this cocky snot nosed smirk as she slowly crossed the road listening to her boy bands. I swear I ripped muscles trying to bike that hill in third gear....and Yes I'm going draw her and she ain't gonna be pretty. Anywho, I could dig my own grave here with endless rants of immature problems, but this is an art blog, so shall we?

Isn't it ironic how you put in like 9 or 10 hours of life drawing a week and all you keep are maybe 20 drawings? Progress is such a slow thing...anyhow, here is week 2 and I'm back to using newsprint and CONTE! Damn I missed conte. Am I buying it like a good art student? Nope. Not gonna spend 2 bucks on compressed carbon. Still being a bum and picking up leftover scraps after life drawing. My goal is to not buy a single piece this year...ta da?

So let's begin with my 30sec-1minute gestures. Nothing special but I'm happy with the exaggeration of the poses.
I'm pretty happy with my 2 minute ones lately, and most of the models did those poses
for ages so I got a few I liked. I feel like I'm starting to get more detail down in 2 minutes...
I totally have a girl crush on this chick, she was just so pretty and such an awesome model! Also I've never had a model who looked so comfortable in her skin. Sexy! 

This was neat as this last model was my very first model back when I did life drawing one day at age 15 or 16...I think her name is Vivian but mostly I just remember her really badass tattoo. Maybe I can dig up some of those drawings at some point to compare! Also trying some different conte strokes with these 3, kinda like where it's going...

More stuff (yes, color!) coming at the end of this weekend. Got the house to myself
and my projects for 4 days in a row and I plan to use them well. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment